Sunday, March 10, 2019

Cinderella- Rags to Riches

Related imageRags to riches is a common motif in stories, films, and television. I see both sides of the coin when examining the motif. On one hand, there is nothing wrong with seeking love to change your life, but on the other, I can see how love is not needed when reaching goals. Looking at Disney’s Cinderella, young girls usually enjoy seeing the kind spirited working woman find love and have her happily ever after (I know I did and still do like the watching Cinderella). However, I can understand how it may not be the best message for young girls. A prince or partner is not needed to be successful—women are strong and resilient. I think there is nothing wrong with finding enjoyment in the Cinderella motif, but always knowing and embracing the strength of women. Cinderella stories can and do happen, it is a more traditional happening, but it occurs. I don’t think it is the best expectation to rely on marriage to transform your life, but if that floats your boat so be it. However, I do think that true love is real and can make you rich in terms of happiness and fulfillment. All in all, the Cinderella rags to riches is a fun fantasy for stories and such, but in real life, the true magic lies within ourselves, but support and encouragement from loved ones can most definitely help turn rags to riches.
Image result for cinderella and the prince

No comments:

Post a Comment